Welcome,Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to transplant strawberries from ground to pot?

How to transplant strawberries from ground to pot? 5 years 6 months ago #157204

I am wanting to transplant my tioga strawberries from the ground into pots. They have some flowers and some early fruit on them. How would I do this without killing them?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE: How to transplant strawberries from ground to pot? 5 years 6 months ago #157208

• kathy
  • Tree
They should handle it pretty well .I saw a jamie oliver programme today with a guy who had all his strawberries in hanging pots, says you dont have the problems with slugs and mildew of fruit. They looked pretty too never thought of doing that but will give it a try

RE: How to transplant strawberries from ground to pot? 5 years 6 months ago #157218

• FeyWind
  • Sapling
  • Thank you received: 1
Actually, I'm just trying this on my verandah... I'm a bit worried about pollinations though - the verandah has shade cloth on 2 sides which might block insects too much.

RE: How to transplant strawberries from ground to pot? 5 years 6 months ago #157229

• mauzi
  • Woodland
  • Thank you received: 120
Shouldn't be a problem. We transplant all the time. Just keep a bit of soil on the roots (disturb as little as possible like most things) and water in well. Keep watered well for the first few days. Strawberries are pretty tough. Good luck.

FeyWind - not sure about the shadecloth but we keep some of ours under a hail netting roof with some on the west side as well and it isn't a problem. Good luck.

Cheers
Mauzi
  • Page:

Active Groups

Upcoming Events

pcp_button

GrowVegAffiliateAdvert120x60